Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: EWS64 & GigaStudio

  1. #1
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Anyone with this same problem:

    After installing GStudio, msgsrv32 crashes at W98 startup... solution, disable CoDeC.
    Now GStudio even starts but: no sound.

    Seems like GStudio won't work with EWS Codec, but has anyone solved this...

    personally, I don't have "real" problem, 'cos GStudio works with SB Live! ok...


    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://kotisivu.raketti.net/kaaro

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Gustavo Coronel Boselli's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2000
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Dear Friend,

    Unfortunately I have tried installing the Gugastudio 160 after disabling the Ews64 Codec, but that doesn?t work out.

    I also have a Terratec 88MT installed in the same computer, that has GSIF compatible drivers, then everything should work well, but only with the 88MT, not with the 64XL, that causes Windows 98 SE crashes.

    Even if you try to configure the 88 MT or the 64XL alone, as the first card isn?t multiclient, if you use Cubase you can have MIDI activity, but you can?t record anything (I mean audio).

    I will try usinf another software but I am not sure about the results.
    After all, I prefer the sound of the Terratec, because GSampler uses lots of audio resources and samples to generate impressive sound, but the 64 XL is a better sampler (Although it has much less memory)

    Sorry for not helping you
    Best

    Gustavo Coronel Boselli


  3. #3
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    *OHMYGOD*, for some reason GStudio found EWS Synth output, and now it works w. EWS... what have I done wrong tongue

    Anyway, seems like GStudio ain't stable enough to work w. EWS, better forget it and use some other program.. any suggestions?

    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://kotisivu.raketti.net/kaaro
    Now w. ICQ, feel free to contact. tongue

    [This message has been edited by KKu (edited July 28, 2000).]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member m_lamers's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2000
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know your problem.
    I contacted the Terratec service about it, and the truth is that the problem isn't the Terratec card, but the software of Giga. One way or another, the giga software "talks" to the audio hardware in quite an odd way, resulting in troubles with hardware with multiple wave-out devices, like for example the EWS64.

    ------------------

    --
    With Quite Genial Musical Greetings

    Maurits Lamers
    -------------------------
    [email protected] | [email protected]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member freakfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    Same problem under WinME.
    It's a shame, I really like the program. I think I will dual boot from now on, gigastudio/ews88 on one partition and the normal ews88/ews64 on the other.
    Has anyone tried Crystal drivers for the codec?

    ------------------
    System: Abit bp6/ C466@580 128 MB PC-100/ Millennium G400 DH / ews88mt / ews64xl 32MB / 2 * 13 GB IBM UDMA66 / w2k/w98/wMe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •